- Butter from the seeds of Butyrospermum parkii (Vitellaria paradox - African buttercup).
- Shea butter is also known for its high content of unsaponifiables from all vegetable fats.
- It is naturally rich in vitamins A, E, F, as well as many other vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamins A and E of shea butter contribute to the soothing, moisturizing and balancing of the skin. At the same time, they provide skin collagen, which prevents the formation of wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin F (contains essential fatty acids) helps protect and revitalize damaged skin and hair.
- Shea butter supports skin renewal, increases blood circulation and accelerates wound healing.
- Solubility: in hot fats
- Melting point 27 - 30°C
- Deodorized shea butter has a notoriously wide melting point range and can vary from batch to batch.
- Raw material for the production of cosmetics.
INCI: Butyrospermum parkii Butter
- Natural shea butter is more stable.
Because we have many types of shea butter, we have prepared a clear table for you with their comparison. It will help you in your choice.
An overview of shea butters
Refined shea butter
- White color
- Use: base butter suitable for soaps
Organic shea butter deodorized
- Color: white, slightly yellowish in places
- Characteristics: An interesting option, especially considering the price.
Organic unrefined natural shea butter
- Color: white to ivory
- Characteristics: Here we go to another level. The smell and color is a step better than the previous butter. The butter smells beautifully of shea butter, however, the smell is not at all disturbing, but on the contrary, it is very pleasant. The butter is soft.
Shea butter BIO ultra unrefined
- Yellow color
- Characteristics: The butter has a distinct scent of shea butter and is the yellowest of our products (except nilotica). It is also the most "grainy". Maybe the strong smell can be disturbing for some.
BIO NILOTICA shea butter
- Yellow color
- Characteristics: Nilotica cannot be compared with others, because it is a different type of butter. But we've added it here for completeness. It is creamy, has a lower melting point and a specific smell.