Although it might seem that making deodorant at home is a difficult and tedious job, the opposite is true. We bring you a simple recipe for making homemade deodorant made entirely of natural ingredients, with which you can not only have a pleasant feeling of smell, but also the fact that you are not wearing any petroleum extracts or aluminum.
An interesting recipe for deodorant appeared in dikuzi. It is from Mrs. Blaženka, who subjected it to a demanding all-day test and it passed with flying colours.
Gentle homemade roll-on deodorant
And the recipe for making homemade deodorant is here:
- Heat 5 g of hazelnut oil (almond, jojoba, wheat germ) + 1 g of olive oil 1000 in a water bath to the temperature when the emulsifier dissolves in the oil (approx. 65°C)
- Mix 1 g of cornstarch + 1 g of zinc oxide into 41 g of fairy flower water and heat to the same temperature in another bowl.
- Then slowly, while constantly stirring with a whisk, pour the water phase into the oil - an emulsion is formed. Since there is little olive in the formula, the emulsion will be thin, like milk, which is good.
After cooling to a temperature below 40°C, add:
- 1 g (30 drops) of bactipur is indispensable in the recipe
- 15 drops of peppermint EO - can be replaced with a synergistic EO mixture – 5 drops of sage , 5 drops of thyme , 5 drops of eucalyptus and 5 drops of peppermint
(you can add 3 more drops of tea tree for men, but it's quite sharp for ladies!) - I recommend a mixture of oils, already because of the fact that they all "regulate sweating" and prevent the multiplication of bacteria that cause sweat to smell - they are not just there for freshness!
- 0.3 gr (12 drops) cosgard (preservative)
Pour into a suitable roll-on bottle and use as needed.